The Susquehanna River is the longest river on the East Coast that empties into the Atlantic Ocean (after passing through the Chesapeake). It is the source of half of the freshwater that enters the Bay. Let's see if you are a source of knowledge when it comes to Susquehanna River.
1. How long is the Susquehanna River?
A. 222 miles
B. 333 miles
C. 444 miles
D. 555 miles
2. The Susquehanna watershed is 27,500 square miles, and is one of the largest in the country. How does it compare with other watersheds in the United States?
A. 4th largest watershed in the United States
B. 8th largest watershed in the United States
C. 16th largest watershed in the United States
D. 20th largest watershed in the United States
3. The main source of the Susquehanna River is a lake in New York. Which lake is it?
4. The capital of Pennsylvania is located on the Susquehanna River. What city is it?
5. Which of these is a major tributary to the Susquehanna River?
C. West Branch
D. All of the above
6. The Susquehanna River used to be much longer before the Pleistocene Epoch, the most recent period of repeated glaciation. What happened?
A. Debris left by the receding glacier filled in the northern stretch of the river.
B. Rising water flooded its lower valley, forming the Chesapeake Bay.
C. Erosion filled in the northern stretch of the river.
D. None of the above; the Susquehanna River was much shorter before the Pleistocene Epoch.