Do you know your deer? Fill in the spaces using the clues listed here.
1. A deer is said to _____ its tail (raise it, exposing a flash of white fur) when it wants to warn other deer of danger. A mother deer will also do this to help her children follow her when they are running away from danger.
3. The color of a deer’s belly
4. A group of deer
7. Deer meat
8. The tip of an antler
9. The part of the deer used to figure out its age
10. Male deer
1. A young deer
2. The furry covering on a deer’s antlers. It contains blood vessels that help to nourish the growing bone.
4. A deer’s foot
5. A female deer
6. The bony growths on a deer’s head