Here are scrambled words related to cardinals and their definitions. After you have figured out what the words are, put the names in the spaces provided. The name of a bird feeder seed known for its ability to attract cardinals will appear in the shaded squares.
1. STREC - This is the name given to the cone-shaped tuft of feathers on top of the cardinal’s head.
2. UPC - This is the shape of a cardinal’s nest.
3. THRON - This is the direction that the cardinal’s range is extending, thanks in part to bird feeders.
4. FRESHTEA - These help to keep a cardinal warm in winter.
5. LIBL - This part of the cardinal is extra thick, which helps it to crack open seeds.
6. HATTOR - This is black on a cardinal.
7. GWIST - These are one of the materials used by cardinals to make a nest.
8. CHETKITS - Cardinals often build their nests in these.
9. DER - This is color of a male cardinal.
1. Crest 2. Cup 3. North 4. Feathers 5. Bill 6. Throat 7. Twigs
8. Thicket 9. Red Cardinal
Bird Feeder Treat: Sunflower (seed)