Only an egghead will get all of these right.
1. What is the term for the part of the egg that nourishes the developing animal inside?
2. What is the term for a mass of eggs in a fish when they are ripe for spawning?
3. What is the term for free-floating eggs in the water? Some are even able to swim before they hatch.
4. What is the term for a mammal that lays eggs?
5. What is the study of eggs called?
6. A sponge crab is a female blue crab that is carrying eggs under her apron (abdomen). On average, how many eggs are in this mass?
C. 2 million
D. 2 billion
7. Blue crab eggs change color as they mature. Which of these colors does not belong — then put the other colors in chronological order.
8. When both bird parents help to incubate their young, which parent is usually on the night shift?
9. Some of the snakes in the watershed lay eggs while others give birth to live young. (In the latter case, the mother snake keeps the eggs inside her body until they hatch.) Which of these lay eggs and which give birth to live snakes?
B. Eastern Rattlesnake
C. Eastern Milk Snake
D. Garter Snake
10. Amphibian eggs most closely resemble which of these eggs?
7. D /orange, brown, black
9. A. live B. live C. eggs D. live